There will be some changes to the WMLL umpiring program for 2014. Here are a few of the key elements of the program:
- You must apply to be an umpire in 2014 and not everyone will automatically be selected
- Umpire commitment and availability will be key factors in the selection process
- Continued reduction of umpire “no shows” will again be a major focus in 2014
- A core group of umpires will be selected and work more games
- Umpires will continue to select their own games to work
- Training for new umpires will be the same as last year (two mandatory training sessions)
See Resources for Umpires for all the details.