WMLL would like to provide our softball players & interested friends with indoor practices opportunities this winter.
These free or low cost clinics would cover hitting, throwing, fielding & perhaps pitching skills. If you are interested please contact Brian Beutter at firstname.lastname@example.org. & answer several questions HERE that will help us better understand both player interest & availability and the resources we have to plan & conduct the clinics. The level of interest will help determine times, location and number of practices.
In addition, WMLL softball players of all skill levels and coaches are invited to participate in the below, FREE winter softball practices offered by the Mad City Panic softball club.
Catcher skills practices
What: Sessions include drills, friendly competition & fun activities covering a wide variety of essential catching skills, including receiving, blocking, fielding bunts & pop flies, making plays at the plate, throwing to bases & dealing with dropped 3rd strikes.
Where: Lincoln Elementary school gym (909 Sequoia Trail)
When: Wednesdays, 6-8 PM beginning January 10
· Players can attend as many sessions as they wish, no sign up or advance notice needed.
· Players must provide their own catching gear.
· Gear can be checked out from WMLL by contacting Brian Beutter at email@example.com.
Self-directed pitching practices
What: These sessions allow pitchers to reserve an indoor throwing lane for self-directed pitching practice.
Where: Orchard Ridge Elementary school, POD 134 gym (5602 Russett Road)
When: Tuesdays & Thursdays beginning January 9
· Pitchers must be accompanied by a parent & a catcher (can be the parent)
· Players must sign up in advance for a one hour slot (6-7 PM or 7-8 PM)
· Contact Bonnie Brandreth of Mad City Panic at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and instructions on signing up for a pitching lane