October 14, 2018 at noon on WMLL’s Major Field
- Compete in one of six age-based baseball & softball divisions to see if you can hit the most home runs & be crowned champion!
- Come out to the ballpark to watch this exciting contest & cheer on the competitors!
Help WMLL support a great cause!
- All entry fees ($20 recommended) will be donated to the Madison Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to fund research for a cure for blood cancers.
- This annual event was started in 2011 by former WMLL player, Marco Mascitti. Marco’s dad, Jason, a former WMLL coach and sponsor, is a double survivor having successfully battled leukemia and lymphoma.
Click HERE to request additional information or to register
Participants compete in one of six divisions based on their age as of October 1, 2018:
Grade School = 11‐14 years old & not in high school
High School = 14‐18 years old & in high school
Younger Adult = 18‐35 years old & out of high school
Older Adult = 36 years old and older
Softball (females only) – NEW IN 2018!
Youth = 11‐18 years old & in high school
Adult = 18‐years old & out of high school and older
- Machine‐pitch is used in all divisions.
- Each batter is given 5 outs. An “out” is defined as any swing that does not result in a home run.
- In each division, the batter with the most home runs will be champion. A home run is defined as a ball hit over the fence in fair territory.
- If there is a tie in any division, all tied batters will compete in a one swing “swing‐off”, until only one batter remains.
- All participants must provide their own bat.
- Participants in the grade school division & both softball divisions may use metal alloy bats.
- Participants in all other divisions must use wood bats.
2017 Home Run Derby Winners
48 contestants competed on October 15, raising $1,440
Grade School Division = Erik Pongratz (3 HR’s)
High School Division = Jake Steidl (6 HR’s)…repeat winner from 2016!
Younger Adult Division = Michael Hull (9 HR’s)…repeat winner from 2015!
Older Adult Division winner = Jerry Schmitt (5 HR’s)
Click HERE to see winners of previous Home Run Derby competitions.