Working as a WMLL umpire is a great way to make money, while experiencing the game in a new way, having fun & helping WMLL!
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity, please read the information below and in the WMLL Umpire Manual, then apply via the link at the bottom of the page.
To be eligible to umpire at WMLL, you must meet the following criteria:
– you must be a current or former WMLL baseball or softball player, or the sibling of one
– you must be 12 years-old (as of August 30, 2019) or older
– you must have successfully completed the umpire training required by WMLL (see below)
The new pay rates for 2019 are as follows (see the WMLL Umpire Manual for additional details):
New & second-year umpires must attend the following two mandatory training sessions:
– Sunday, February 24 from 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM at Edgewood High School lower gym
– Sunday, March 10 from 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM at Edgewood High School lower gym
It is also highly recommended that ALL umpires (experienced, new & second-year) attend the District 4 Little League umpire training session on Sunday, March 17 from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM at the Edgewood High School lower gym.
Umpires select the games they want to work, within established limits, using WMLL’s online umpire scheduling system.
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity, please visit the umpiring page of WMLL’s website (HERE) & read the WMLL Umpire Manual (HERE). If you have questions, please contact Tom Heneghan, WMLL’s umpire training & oversight coordinator at 256-9233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLY TO BE A WMLL UMPIRE!
Anyone meeting the eligibility requirements, may apply to be an umpire (click HERE).
Not everyone will automatically be selected. Umpire commitment and availability will be key factors in the selection process