WMLL will join other leagues from southern Wisconsin for Little League Night at Miller Park on Tuesday, June 25. Prior to the 7:10 PM game between the Brewers & the Seattle Mariners, Little League players in uniform accompanied by their coach get to parade on the field!
What to wear
Players that want to be in the parade must wear their team jersey and hat, baseball pants are optional. Coaches that want to parade on the field must wear a team or WMLL shirt or hat.
When to arrive
- Miller Park: Players & coaches should gather with their teams by 5:15 PM outside Miller Park in the designated WMLL meeting spot, indicated by a West Madison Little League sign, on either the pedestrian bridge over Miller Park Way or in the right field plaza.
- Players or coaches that arrive late should proceed to the end of the line.
- Charter bus from WMLL: For those that purchased a ticket ($20/person paid in advance), please meet in the Madison Ice Area Lot at 2:45 PM so that there is time for loading before the chartered bus leaves at 3:00 PM sharp. (note: new, earlier times!)
- Several seats are still available, contact Kraig Bodie at Kraig.email@example.com or 218/780-8746 if you’re interested in riding the bus.
- Note: All meeting times are 30 minutes earlier than last year because changes to security mandated by MLB have increased the time needed to enter the stadium.
Before the parade
- Parents need to make arrangements with their team’s coach on how their child is to get to their seat after the parade – see “After the parade” below.
- Players need their ticket to enter Miller Park for the parade, so parents please give your child their ticket in advance.
- A maximum of three coaches per team with a game ticket are allowed to join the parade. No other adult is allowed to walk with the team in Miller Park.
- To keep things moving, each player should hand their own ticket to the usher for scanning upon entry of the ballpark – coaches should not give tickets for their entire team to the usher as it slows things down!
During the parade
- Parents are encouraged to gather in the lower seat areas with cameras to take pictures.
- Players and coaches are to stay on the warning track during the parade & to be courteous and respectful at all times.
- Players & coaches are expected to keep on walking during the parade and should not stop to take individual or team pictures.
- If Milwaukee Brewer players and/or coaches are present, please do not stop to talk to them or have any pictures taken. You are encouraged to orally greet them and wish them good luck in the upcoming game.
After the parade
- After completing the parade route, players and coaches will go up a ramp that emerges on the Field Level near the Left Field entrance or Hot Corner Gate.
- Parents can meet their players at the Hot Corner Gate or coaches will take players to the team seating area. Parents & coaches should discuss how the players will get to their seats in advance.