Working as a WMLL Fall Ball umpire is a great way for your child to earn money, experience the game in a new way, have fun & help WMLL!
As an introductory opportunity to umpiring, WMLL allows individuals that are 12 years-old or older (as of April 30, 2020) with no previous umpiring experience & that have not previously attended a WMLL-approved umpire training clinic to work Fall Ball games if they attend a single 70-minute training session on Tuesday, August 20 from 6:30-7:40 PM at the WMLL ballpark on Forward Drive.
- The session will start in the WMLL picnic porch (near the concession stand) with a brief instructional session before heading out onto one of the fields.
- After the fieldwork, the group will return to the picnic porch around 7:30 PM to discus ArbiterSports.com, WMLL’s online umpire scheduling system.
- Parents are welcome to attend all or part of the training and are encouraged to listen in on the ArbiterSports.com presentation.
During Fall Ball, parent volunteers serve as base umpires. The pay rates for 2019 Fall Ball home plate umpires are as follows:
Rookie Lg BB/SB: $16 per game
Minor Lg BB/SB : $18 per game
Major Lg BB/SB: $21 per game
Junior Lg BB: $26 per game
Senior Lg BB: $28 per game
See the WMLL Umpire Manual for additional details
Umpires select the games they want to work, within established limits, using WMLL’s online umpire scheduling system ArbiterSports.com.
- YOUR CHILD MUST APPLY HERE TO BE A WMLL UMPIRE BEFORE ATTENDING TRAINING!
- The August 20 session is the ONLY training that will be offered for Fall Ball. New umpires must attend this session if they want to umpire Fall Ball games
- New umpires must follow-up this introductory session with WMLL’s regular spring/summer season umpire clinics if they want to umpire during the 2020 spring/summer season.
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity, please visit the umpiring page of WMLL’s website (HERE) & read the WMLL Umpire Manual (HERE).
If you have questions, please contact Tom Heneghan, WMLL’s umpire training & oversight coordinator at 256-9233 or email@example.com.