Have ideas? Want to help keep WMLL the special place that it is?
SERVING ON WMLL’S BOARD IS IMPORTANT, REWARDING & FUN!
How many people are on the Board?
The WMLL Board of Directors consists of 15-members that are elected to 3-year terms – with five Board seats are up for election every year.
Current Board members:
– thru 2019: Kraig Bodie, Bob Collins, Todd Conkey, Greg Newman & Mark Schauder
– thru 2020: Scott Fossum, Tom Heneghan, Frank Lenoch, Bruce Perchik & Jerry Schmitt
– thru 2021: Michele Gassman, Harry Miller, Mark Newburg, Robb Vogel & Barry Vredenbregt
What does the Board do?
The WMLL Board of Directors is a working Board responsible for managing WMLL’s programs, property & affairs to provide our players with everything they need to grow and have fun and for planning & shaping the organization’s future to ensure continued success.
What is required of Board members?
WMLL Board members are expected to:
(1) attend monthly Board meetings,
(2) assist at WMLL events,
(3) serve in one or more leadership positions or coordinator roles critical to the smooth function of WMLL – most of which do not require any special knowledge of baseball/softball rules or skills.
What are some of the leadership positions & coordinator roles available to Board members?
Board members volunteer to lead in areas in which they have interests and/or experience.
– Board Officers: President, VP-Baseball, VP-Softball & Treasurer
– Programs: Baseball & Softball Leagues, Player & Coach Clinics, Special Events (Skills Session, Brewer’s Game, HR Derby, etc.), Tournament Teams, Challenger League, etc.
– Marketing, Planning & Development: Community Outreach, Player Recruiting, Registration, Volunteer Engagement, Communications, Fundraising, Sponsorships, Planning, Budgeting, etc.
– Operations & Administration: Uniforms & Equipment, Concessions, Building & Grounds, Scheduling, Umpires, Safety, Compliance, IT, etc.
When are Board elections?
Board elections take place at WMLL’s Annual Meeting, which is on Saturday, October 26 at 9 AM at Vitense Golfland.
– Each candidate is given the opportunity to make a brief statement to the members in attendance before voting takes place via paper ballot.
– For consistency, each candidate is asked to include brief responses to THESE questions in their comments.
How can I learn more about Board service?
If you are interested in learning more about WMLL’s Board of Directors or in running for a Board position, please contact the Board President, Tom Heneghan, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608/698-1995 or Executive Director, Brian Beutter, at email@example.com or 608/535-0001.
Not interested in serving on the Board?
Attend WMLL’s Annual Meeting to stay informed, be heard, and participate in the election of new Board members.
Saturday, October 26 at 8 AM at Vitense Golfland
The Annual Meeting consists of 3 important parts:
(1) A year-in-review update from the Board President and a financial status report from the Board Treasurer
(2) An open-forum during which any member can ask questions, make suggestions or offer ideas
(3) Elections of five Board members that will lead WMLL for the next three years.