Locations: There are four distinct practice locations:
- Minor Field
- Battista (Major) Field
- Senior Field
- Both batting cage tunnels & surrounding area
Standard & Premium Slots: There are two different day/time classifications:
- Premium = weekday starting at 3:30 PM & all weekend
- Standard = weekday before 3:30 PM
Allocation: Each team can reserve up to three practice slots a week as follows:
- Rookie BB & SB, Minor BB & SB, Major BB & SB, & Junior & Senior SB = one premium or standard field slot, one batting cage slot (or second premium slot if all cage slots are full) & for interested teams on a first come, first serve basis one standard field slot.
- Rookie BB & all SB teams should reserve the Minor Field, rather than the Major Field whenever possible
- Junior & Senior BB = 2 premium or standard fields slots & 1 batting cage slot.
Reserving a Field: Click HERE (for week 1) & HERE (for week 2) to go to the WMLL Field & Batting Cage Reservation page. Once there, review the instructions below before signing up for a slot. In order to be fair & equitable, please do not sign up for more than the allocated number & type of slots. This will be monitored & violators will lose or have reduced practice field privileges.
- Also remember that Madison City park fields are great options for teams that play on WMLL’s Minor & Major Fields. Many fields are free to use & some fields are reservable at a very reasonable rate ($6/hr). Click HERE to learn about using and/or reserving a Madison City Park Field.
Arrival & Departure: Your practice must start & end within the time period of your reserved practice slot. To prevent gatherings & preventable interactions for safety reasons, please instruct your team that they should not arrive more than 15 minutes before the reserved practice time & must leave no more than 15 minutes after your reserved practice time.
Field Conditions: There are several ways to check on field conditions before a practice: