SERVING ON WMLL’S BOARD IS IMPORTANT, REWARDING & FUN!
How many people are on the Board?
The WMLL Board of Directors consists of 15-members that are elected to 3-year terms – with five Board seats are up for election every year.
Current Board members:
– ending in Oct: Scott Fossum, Tom Heneghan, Frank Lenoch, Bruce Perchik & Jerry Schmitt
– thru 2021: Katie Johnson, Harry Miller, Mark Newburg, Robb Vogel & Barry Vredenbregt
– thru 2022: Kraig Bodie, Sean Michael Dargan, Todd Conkey, Mark Schauder, Open Seat
What does the Board do?
The WMLL Board of Directors is a working Board responsible for managing WMLL’s programs, property & affairs to provide our players with everything they need to grow and have fun and for planning & shaping the organization’s future to ensure continued success.
What is required of Board members?
WMLL Board members are expected to:
(1) attend monthly Board meetings,
(2) assist at WMLL events,
(3) serve in one or more leadership positions or coordinator roles critical to the smooth function of WMLL – most of which do not require any special knowledge of baseball/softball rules or skills.
What are some of the leadership positions & coordinator roles available to Board members?
Board members volunteer to lead in areas in which they have interests and/or experience.
– Board Officers: President, VP-Baseball, VP-Softball & Treasurer
– Programs: Baseball & Softball Leagues, Player & Coach Clinics, Special Events (Skills Session, Brewer’s Game, HR Derby, etc.), Tournament Teams, Challenger League, etc.
– Marketing, Planning & Development: Community Outreach, Player Recruiting, Registration, Volunteer Engagement, Communications, Fundraising, Sponsorships, Planning, Budgeting, etc.
– Operations & Administration: Uniforms & Equipment, Concessions, Building & Grounds, Scheduling, Umpires, Safety, Compliance, IT, etc.
When are Board elections?
Board elections take place at WMLL’s Annual Meeting, which is on Saturday, October 24 at 9 AM via online meeting
– Each candidate is given the opportunity to make a brief statement to the members in attendance before voting takes place.
– For consistency, each candidate is asked to include brief responses to THESE questions in their comments.
How can I learn more about Board service?
If you are interested in learning more about WMLL’s Board of Directors or in running for a Board position, please contact the Board President, Tom Heneghan, at email@example.com or 608/698-1995 or Executive Director, Brian Beutter, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608/535-0001.
Not interested in serving on the Board?
Attend WMLL’s Annual Meeting to stay informed, be heard, and participate in the election of new Board members.
The Annual Meeting is on Saturday, October 24 at 9 AM via online meeting & consists of 3 important parts:
(1) A year-in-review update from the Board President and a financial status report from the Board Treasurer
(2) An open-forum during which any member can ask questions, make suggestions or offer ideas
(3) Elections of five Board members that will lead WMLL for the next three years, plus one open seat that will serve for two years.