Working as a WMLL umpire is a great way to make money while experiencing the game in a new way, having fun & helping WMLL!
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity, please read the information below and in the WMLL Umpire Manual, then apply via the link at the bottom of the page.
To be eligible to umpire at WMLL during the spring/summer season, you must meet the following criteria:
– you must be 12 years-old (as of August 30, 2021) or older
– you must have successfully completed the umpire training required by WMLL (see below)
– you do not need to be a current of former WMLL player to be an umpire
The pay rates for the 2021 spring/summer season are as follows (see the WMLL Umpire Manual for additional details):
WMLL is offering three training sessions. All training will be conducted in a safe manner in accordance with PHMDC requirements. All umpires, regardless of experience, must attend one of these training sessions. Umpires who have not attended clinics in past years must attend two sessions to be eligible to umpire.
– Session 1: Mar 28 (Sun) from 4:30-6:00 PM in Edgewood High School’s Krantz Center gym
– Session 2 – New Date : Apr 11 (Sun) from 3:00 – 4:30 PM at the WMLL ballpark
– Session 3 – New Date: Apr 18 (Sun) from 3:00 – 4:30 PM at the WMLL ballpark
The sessions on Apr 6 & 13 have been cancelled & replaced with the Apr 11 & 18 dates.Game Scheduling
Umpires select the games they want to work, within established limits, using WMLL’s online umpire scheduling system. The details of this system will be explained at the umpire clinics and instructions for using the Arbiter system will be distributed to eligible umpires.
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity, please visit the umpiring page of WMLL’s website (HERE) & read the WMLL Umpire Manual (HERE). If you have questions, please contact Tom Heneghan, WMLL’s umpire training & oversight coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLY TO BE A WMLL UMPIRE!
Anyone meeting the eligibility requirements, may apply to be an umpire (click HERE).
Not everyone will automatically be selected. Umpire commitment and availability will be key factors in the selection process