April 29, 2021
WMLL is fully committed to providing a fun, safe and responsible spring/summer season of baseball and softball in accordance with county & state requirements.
WMLL expects every WMLL parent, volunteer & player to understand & adhere to the special COVID Rules & Requirements for the spring/summer 2021 season (click HERE).
- Stay Home if you have a fever, are experiencing any other COVID symptoms, or have had a known exposure to a person with COVID-19 until being cleared by a medical professional.
- Face Coverings/Masks are STRONGLY recommended for everyone attending a WMLL event – including spectators, players, coaches & volunteers.
- 6’ Physical Distancing is required at all times for individuals not residing in the same household – except for players, coaches & umpires actively participating in a WMLL game, warmup, practice, or clinic. While these individuals are not required to maintain physical distancing, they should do so whenever possible.
- Frequent Hand Washing / Sanitizing is recommended for everyone, especially before & after eating or drinking, using the restroom, sharing a bat, & playing on the playground.
- Eating & Drinking must be done in a considerate manner – ensuring 6’ of physical distancing exists at all times. Sharing food is prohibited – except for members of the same household. Food & snacks of all kinds are prohibited on the playground, on the playing fields & in the expanded dugout / player drop spots.
On April 29, Public Health Madison & Dane County (PHMDC) released a new Emergency Order (#16) that will go into effect on May 5. You can read the full order HERE & a information specific to sports HERE.
With the release of each of PHMDC’s new orders, WMLL determines if the special COVID rules & requirements that will be enforced at the WMLL ballpark & WMLL events need to be modified. No such modifications are needed based on Order #16.
The Board will continue to closely monitor PHMDC requirements as well as information from Little League, the CDC, etc. If PHMDC orders change, WMLL will adjust plans accordingly & provide updates to WMLL players, families and volunteers in a timely fashion
THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF THE WMLL COMMUNITY!