Working as a WMLL umpire is a great way to make money while experiencing the game in a new way, having fun, & helping WMLL!
To be eligible to umpire Fall Ball at WMLL you must be 12 years-old or older as of August 31, 2022, submit an application, & complete the umpire training required by WMLL.
You do not need to be a current of former WMLL player to be an umpire.
- NEW UMPIRES (no previous WMLL umpiring experience & have not attended a WMLL umpire training clinic): MANDATORY training on Tuesday, August 17 from 6:30-7:40 PM at the WMLL ballpark.
- This session is the ONLY training that will be offered for Fall Ball. New umpires must attend ton August 17 if they want to umpire Fall Ball games
- The session will start in the WMLL picnic porch (near the concession stand) with a brief instructional session before heading out onto one of the playing fields.
- After the field work, the group will return to the picnic porch around 7:30 PM to discus ArbiterSports.com, WMLL’s online umpire scheduling system.
- Parents are welcome to attend all or part of the training and are encouraged to listen in on the ArbiterSports.com presentation.
- Note: new umpires must follow-up this introductory session with WMLL’s regular spring/summer season umpire clinics if they want to umpire during the 2022 spring/summer season.
- EXPERIENCED UMPIRES: No additional training is required.
During Fall Ball, parent volunteers serve as base umpires.
The pay rates for 2021 Fall Ball home plate umpires are as follows.
– Rookie League: $16 per game for home plate
– Minor League: $18 per game for home plate
– Major League: $21 per game for home plate
– Junior League: $26 per game for home plate
– Senior League: $28 per game for home plate
Umpires are paid in CASH immediately after the game. See the WMLL Umpire Manual for additional details.
Umpires select the games they want to work, within established limits, using WMLL’s online umpire scheduling system.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY TO BE A WMLL UMPIRE!
ALL NEW UMPIRES MUST SUBMIT THIS APPLICATION PRIOR TO THE AUGUST 17 TRAINING SESSION!
Additional Information? Questions?
If you have questions, please contact Tom Heneghan, WMLL’s umpire training & oversight coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.