Have fun & support two great causes!
The 2022 Home Run Derby will be hosted on the Bill Battista Major Field at WMLL on September 10th (Saturday). Tell your friends & family about the event and let’s get as much participation as possible. This event is a fundraiser for West Madison Little League & the Madison Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- COMPETE! Compete in one of seven baseball or six softball divisions (see below) to see if you can hit the most “home runs” before getting five “outs” & be crowned champion! You do NOT have to be playing 2022 Fall Ball or a power hitter to participate!
- Click HERE to register for the home run derby
- HELP! Volunteer to help at the event, there are many easy, fun ways to get involved!
- Look for TeamSnap Communications for volunteer sign-up or contact Kraig Bodie at Kraig.Bodie@hotmail.com
- WATCH! Cheer on the competitors & enjoy the excitement!
Objective: Hit the most “home runs” (= a fair ball hit that clears the specified home run distance in the air) before getting five “outs” (= any swing that does not result in a home run).
Pitching: Pitching in all divisions, except Rookie softball, will be done using a machine. Rookie softball which will hit from a tee.
Legal Bats: Participants in the High School & Adult baseball divisions must use a wood bat. Participants in all other divisions may use any bat legal for play at WMLL in the league for that age group (see below). While it is recommended that all participants provide their own bat, it may be possible to borrow a bat at the derby.
- Rookie, Minor & Major baseball: Bats must comply with USABat standards
- Junior Baseball: bats must comply with either USABat or BBCOR standard
- ALL softball: bats need only be a softball bat
Tiebreakers: If there is a tie in any division, all tied batters will compete in a one swing “swing‐off”, until only one batter remains. If there is still a tie after three tiebreaker rounds, the fourth round will be the final round with the winner being the batter who hits the ball the farthest in the air. If a division has no home runs hit, there will be a one round swing off with the winner being the batter who hits the ball the farthest in the air.
DIVISIONS & EST. SCHEDULE
The Home Run Derby will start at 12:00 pm. Here are the divisions that will be used along with the fence distance, estimated start time of competition & recommended check-in time for each division.
WMLL’s 2022 Home Run Derby is a fundraising event for the Madison Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society & West Madison Little League.
Registration is $10 for all youth divisions and $20 for the Young Adult baseball division, Adult baseball division & Adult softball division. Additional donations will gladly be accepted! All donations will be collected at the HR Derby registration check-in table & must be in cash or check (made out to West Madison Little League). Sorry no credit cards!
WMLL’s Annual Home Run Derby was started in 2011 by former WMLL player, Marco Mascitti. Marco’s dad, Jason, a former WMLL coach and sponsor, is a double survivor having successfully battled leukemia and lymphoma.
QUESTIONS / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Please contact Kraig Bodie at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ben Stuart at email@example.com