WMLL believes in “safety first” & is an active participant in Little League’s “A Safety Awareness Program”. Players, coaches, spectators & umpires are expected to:
- Be careful, use good judgment & adhere to WMLL safety plan guidelines at all times.
- Report any hygiene issues, hazards or safety concerns to a WMLL board or staff member.
- Keep an eye on your children, help them understand & follow WMLL rules.
The following activities & items are PROHIBITED on WMLL property:
- pets (excluding service animals)
- alcohol, drugs & smoking (including vaping & e-cigarettes)
- weapons of any kind
- peanuts & tree nuts
- using bikes, skateboards, scooters or rollerblades
- climbing on fences, trees, picnic tables or bleachers
WMLL is committed to providing a positive experience & a safe, supportive environment for all WMLL players, families & volunteers. As such, coaches, parents/guardians, players, & spectators are expected to maintain a high level of sportsmanship & conduct themselves in a safe & responsible manner when at WMLL events.
- Be respectful, considerate, supportive & positive. Others are watching…including your child!
- Encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating it at all times.
- Remember that baseball & softball are games, the players are kids, the coaches are volunteers & the umpires are human (& usually kids)…RELAX & ENJOY THE GAME!
WMLL does not tolerate the following before, during or after games or anywhere at the ballpark. Instances of unsportsmanlike behavior reported to the Board of Directors will be investigated by the President & may result in discipline, including suspensions.
- offensive language or gestures
- noisemakers (radios, cow bells, clap sticks, air horns, etc.)
- heckling, taunting or intentionally distracting teams, coaches or players (including booing)
- confrontational interactions with coaches, spectators, umpires & players, including verbal or physical altercations
- harassing & disrespecting umpires (including questioning calls, not accepting decisions or undermining their authority)
- entering the dugout or playing field (unless you are a coach, umpire or player)
For additional information on WMLL’s code of conduct, click HERE