To make the WMLL experience a great one for our players, while also keeping our registration fees affordable, WMLL requires one parent / guardian for each player registered to perform some form of mandatory volunteer service each season…or to opt out by making a special $50 donation when registering.
During Fall Ball the following volunteer duties fulfill the mandatory volunteer service requirement.
- (League-recognized) coach
- Team coordinator (team coordinators manage team volunteers & help the team in other ways)
- Concession stand helper (one-shift during a game when their child’s team is the home team)
The vast majority of parents / guardians satisfy their mandatory volunteer service requirement by working a one-game shift in the concession stand fulfilling orders. Volunteer helpers are critical to the successful operation of the concession stand & must be at least 16 years-old (adults are preferred). Shifts begin 15 minutes before game time & last thru the “end of game” rush.
There are also additional game day duties that team parents / guardians must perform that do NOT satisfy the mandatory volunteer service requirement but are still VERY important.
These duties are as follows:
- Scoreboard Operator (one volunteer provided by the visiting team every game)
- Base Umpire (1-2 volunteers needed to assist the league provided home plate umpire at every game from the home and/or visiting team)
Your team’s team coordinator will be contacting team families to organize volunteers for the mandatory & game day assignments listed above. Unless you paid the $50 opt out fee, you MUST fulfill your required mandatory volunteer service.
If you didn’t opt during registration, but would like to now, please contact Kraig Bodie, WMLL’s registrar, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team coordinators will submit the names of any parents / guardians that neither opted out, nor fulfilled their mandatory volunteer service requirement so that the league can take corrective action.
PLEASE HELP OUT YOUR TEAM, WMLL, & YOUR PLAYER BY FULFILLING YOUR MANDATORY VOLUNTEER SERVICE OR OPTING OUT!