Exciting news! West Madison Little League will be hosting the Wisconsin State Little League Baseball Tournament for the Major Division this year!
WHEN? The State Tournament is scheduled to run from July 22-29 with 18 games in total as follows:
– July 22 (Fri) = Opening Ceremony
– July 23 – 27 (Sat – Wed) = 5 days of pool play with 3 games each day
– Jul 28 (Thu) = Semifinal games
– Jul 29 (Fri) = Championship game
WHAT TEAMS? Six teams will compete in the State Tournament – including the District Tournament Champion from each of Wisconsin’s five Little League Districts, plus the District Tournament Runner-Up from the District hosting the State Tournament…which this year is District 4, which includes WMLL.
WHAT PLAYERS? According to Little League International rules, players Little League ages 9-12 can compete in the Major Division. At WMLL, players from our Major League (Little League ages 11-12 in almost all cases) may tryout for the team that will compete in the District Tournament & have the chance to advance to state. Click HERE for more information on how WMLL DIstrict Teams are formed.
HELP NEEDED! Hosting the State Major Baseball Tournament is an exciting opportunity, an honor & a lot of fun…but also involves a lot of advance planning & many volunteers at the event. There are MANY fun ways to get involved with various levels of commitment. Jerry Schmitt, WMLL’s Board President, & Tom Heneghan, a WMLL Past President, are serving as Tournament Co-Directors.
- Please click HERE if you might be interested in helping with planning or at the event. You are not commiting to volunteering by responding & will be contacted when more information about the tournament & volunteer opportunities is known.
WMLL last hosted the State Major Baseball Tournament in 2007!
WMLL teams won the State Major Baseball Tournament in 2009, 1966, & 1965!