WMLL places a very high priority on forming balanced teams to create fair, competitive leagues. To do this, WMLL utilizes a Skills Session and No-Cut Player Draft to establish team rosters.
MANDATORY SKILLS SESSION FOR ROOKIE LEAGUE BASEBALL PLAYERS.
April 9 (Sat) = Skills Session for Rookie Baseball at WMLL from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM Note: Schedule is based on Little League Age (LL Age). Click HERE for a summary table of league assignments by birthdates & LL ages.
The mandatory skills session is the critical first step in the process of assembling balanced teams.
At the skills session, after checking-in and receiving a pin-on number, all players in a Little League age (LL Age) group will be put in an ordered line. Players will then rotate through individual fielding/throwing, hitting, and pitching drill stations while the coaches in that league make evaluations for use during the no-cut player draft. After completing these drills, players are free to go.
- IMPORTANT NOTES!
- Arrival: Please arrive on time for the session scheduled for your child’s LL age / last name group and check in at the designated table.
- Player Clothing & Gear: Players must bring a glove, batting helmet & water bottle and wear appropriate clothing & shoes/cleats. Players may also bring a bat and/or batting gloves if they would like. It is strongly recommended that players label all their gear with their name to prevent mishaps.
- Birth Certificate: Any player that is playing WMLL spring/summer ball for the first time must also bring a copy of their official birth certificate for age verification.
- Schedule Conflicts:
- If a player is unable to attend, coach evaluations from previous seasons and/or parent evaluations provided during registration will be used to assess the player’s skill.
- If your child is unable to attend, it is your responsibility to notify WMLL’s Rookie League league coordinator Robb Vogel at firstname.lastname@example.org
“NO CUT” LEAGUE DRAFTS
The Rookie League draft takes place on March 24 – only coaches attend this event. The league draft is used to create fair, competitive leagues by distributing more and less skilled players evenly across teams. All players registered by Sunday, March 7 (April 25 for Sr BB & SB) are guaranteed a roster spot during the draft – no one is cut. Click HERE for league draft guidelines.
NOTICE OF TEAM ASSIGNMENT
Very soon after the draft, players are notified of the team assignment via TeamSnap. Soon after this, coaches email the families of the players on their team to introduce themselves & provide information on team meetings, practices, etc.