Eligibility, Costs & Discounts (Fall)

ELIGIBILITY

No residency or school requirements exist for Fall Ball.  While Fall Ball is primarily organized to support the needs of the WMLL community, players from outside the WMLL boundary area are welcome to register.

Since Fall Ball has a developmental focus, players are placed into Fall Ball leagues based upon what their Little League age will be for the NEXT spring/summer season.  WMLL adheres to the “Age Determination Date” requirements established by Little League, Inc.  These requirements are different for baseball & softball.  Click HERE for a summary table of birth dates & LL ages.

Baseball: Boys & girls that will be Little League aged 7 to 16 for the 2022 spring/summer season are eligible to play 2021 fall baseball at WMLL.  A player’s age as of August 31, 2022 will be that player’s Little League age for the 2022 spring/summer season & is thus that player’s age for the 2021 Fall Ball season.

Softball: Girls that will be Little League aged 7 to 17 for the 2022 spring/summer season are eligible to play 2021 fall softball at WMLL.  A player’s age as of December 31, 2021 will be that player’s Little League age for the 2022 spring/summer season & is thus that player’s age for the 2021 Fall Ball season. Note: Softball players still in high school, regardless of their age, are eligible for Senior softball.


FEES & DISCOUNTS

Player Registration Fee: The standard registration fee for 2021 WMLL Fall Ball is $161 for WMLL players (those living or attending school within the Madison West, Madison Memorial or Middleton-Cross Plains high school areas) and $171 for other players.

Postgame Snack Prepayment: A $24 prepayment for WMLL’s player postgame snack program is also collected during registration.  This popular program provides players with a $2 concession stand snack after all games.

Early Bird Discount: All registrations completed before July 1 receive a $15 discount per player.

Late Registration Fee: All registrations completed after the end of the regular registration period on July 18 will be charged a $15 late fee to encourage on-time reservation and defray the resources costs created by late registrations.  Also, players that register late can be placed on a team only if space is available (each league has a separate maximum capacity), cannot request a buddy & may receive their uniform late.

Multi Player Discount: After two children from the same family have registered, each additional child from that family receives a $50 discount.


SCHOLARSHIPS

This fall season qualifying families have two options for scholarship support – WMLL scholarships that cover 75% of the registration & snack prepayment fees and T-Mobile Call-Up grants that will cover the remaining 25%.  In either case, families need to receive a scholarship code from WMLL’s registrar in advance for use when registering.

WMLL Scholarships: WMLL is pleased to offer scholarship support to families needing financial assistance to pay registration fees.  WMLL scholarships cover three-quarters of a player’s registration & snack prepayment fees. Families pay the remaining quarter of these fees – $45 for fall baseball & softball. To be eligible for a WMLL Scholarship, a family must qualify for free or reduced-price school lunches.

T-Mobile Call Up Grant: T-Mobile, a partner of Little League, generously created a Call Up Grant program to help qualifying families in need pay their Little League registration fees. The T-Mobile Call Up Grant fully covers the 25% of fees not covered by WMLL scholarships (& does so for both the spring/summer & fall seasons!) The T-Mobile Call-Up Grant program is closed for 2021 – no new grants are being awarded!  Families that received a T-Mobile Call-Up Grant this spring are able to apply it for Fall Ball!  To be eligible for a Call Up Grant, a family must qualify for free or reduced-price school lunches, SNAP, WIC, Medicaid or a State Health Plan, or have Foster Child Paperwork.

Special Circumstances: Families who need of financial assistance but do not meet WMLL scholarship eligibility requirements as well as families that are unable to make the minimum scholarship payment should contact Kraig Bodie, WMLL’s registrar, at registrar@wmll.org to request special assistance.


QUESTIONS / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

If you have questions about anything related to eligibility, fees or scholarships…or want to apply for a scholarship, please contact Kraig Bodie at registrar@wmll.org or 218/780-8746.