WMLL is a people-dependent non-profit membership organization
The parents/guardians of registered players and all recognized volunteers are members and are thus eligible and encouraged to attend monthly Board meetings and the Annual Meeting as well as to run for open positions (usually 5 per year) on the WMLL Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors meets monthly at Board meetings which are open to all WMLL members. Meetings typically take place on the second Sunday of each month from 6:30 to 8:30 PM at either the Midtown Police Station (4020 Mineral Point Road) or Vitense Golfland (5501 Schroeder Road). The current Board meeting schedule as follows. Meeting dates, times & locations are, however, subject to change. Meeting minutes for the current Board year are available HERE.
- Jan 14 (Mon) from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM at Vitense Golfland – note date change!
- Feb 9 (Sun) from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM at Vitense Golfland
- Mar 8 (Sun) from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM at the Midtown Police Station (league & team planning meeting at 5:45 PM)
- Apr 5 (Sun) from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (online meeting)
- May 3 (Sun) from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM at the Midtown Police Station (or remote)
- Jun 14 (Sun) from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM at Vitense Golfland
- Aug 9 (Sun) from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM at Location TBD
- Sep 13 (Sun) from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM at Vitense Golfland
- Nov 8 (Sun) from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM at Location TBD
- Dec 13 (Sun) from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM at Vitense Golfland
Annual Meeting (& Board Elections) – October 24 at 9 AM at Vitense Golfland (5501 Schroeder Rd, Madison, WI)
All WMLL members are strongly encouraged to attend WMLL’s Annual Meeting. The Annual Meeting consists of three important parts:
(1) A year-in-review update from the Board President and a financial status report from the Board Treasurer
(2) An open-forum during which any member can share thoughts, suggestions or ideas.
(3) Elections for open Board positions (typically 5 per year) with brief statements by all candidates followed by paper ballot voting by all members in attendance.
Officer Elections & Board Assignments
Soon after the Annual Meeting, the new Board gathers at a re-organizational meeting to elect officers for the coming year and, after discussion and consensus, assign Board member duties and responsibilities via the various leadership positions.