To make the WMLL experience a great one for our players, while also keeping our registration fees affordable, WMLL requires one parent / guardian for each player registered to volunteer in some fashion every season…or to opt out of their service commitment by making a special donation when registering ($100 for the spring/summer season & $50 for Fall Ball).
Note: Challenger League parents are exempt this requirement so that they can be available to attend to their child’s needs.
A variety of volunteer opportunities exist for individuals to fulfill their service commitment obligation:
- League officer or board member (three-year term) – view duties
- League coordinator (1-2 per league / season long commitment) – view duties
- Head or assistant coach (one of each per team / season long commitment) – view duties
- Team representative (one pre team / season long commitment) – view duties
- Spring clean-up day work (one parent per team / one-day commitment) – duties under construction
- Concession stand worker during a home game (one 2-hr shift or two 1-hr shifts per season per player) – view duties
- If you have a special skill or interest that you would like to use in satisfying your service commitment, please let a board member know.