If a team expects to be short of players for a game, the head coach should obtain replacement players to add to the roster for that game according to the following rules (unless the team is short on players due to a scheduled school event, in which case the head coach should contact the league coordinator so that the game can be rescheduled.)
- Coaches should contact potential replacement players directly. WMLL’s goal is to allow as many players as practical the opportunity of play up. Consequently, teams should try not to use the same call up more than two times during the season.
- A team using a replacement player must notify the opposing team coach and the League Coordinator of his/her use.
- If unanticipated roster player(s) show up bringing the total of regular roster players to nine or more, the replacement player(s) should still play, but may play defensively the league minimum number of innings.
BASEBALL: Except in the Rookie League, replacement players must be players from the league below the level of the team short on players. In the Rookie League replacement players come from other Rookie League teams.
- Replacement players may not pitch and must bat last in the batting order
SOFTBALL: Except in the Rookie League, whenever possible replacement players should be players from the league below the level of the team short on players. In the Rookie League replacement players come from other Rookie League teams. If replacement players cannot be found from the league below, replacement players from other teams in the same league may be used – this is not preferred, but is a much better option than a forfeited game.
- Replacement players should not pitch and must bat last in the batting order. If a team is in dire need of pitching, a replacement player may pitch with the approval of the league coordinator or VP-softball.
The following links provide a list of players (with contact information) who have expressed an interest in helping as “call up” / replacement players.
- Parents whose children want to be considered by teams in need of replacement players should use these links to add their child’s information to the list of interested players – Please add your child to the list for the league they are registered to play in on a regular basis!
- Coaches needing a replacement player should use these lists to contact interested players to provide game details & see if the interested player is available to help out.