WMLL’s updated mandatory service requirement provides families with many more service options & much more scheduling flexibility (families are no longer required to volunteer during their child’s game); and counts all volunteering towards satisfying the service requirement – including operating the scoreboard, announcing, and Fall Ball base umpiring. It also reduces the burden on Team Coordinators, who no longer have to recruit and track team volunteers other than scoreboard operating & Fall Ball base umpiring.
To make the WMLL experience a great one for our players, while also keeping our registration fees affordable, WMLL requires families to satisfy a volunteer service requirement each season or to opt out of their service commitment by paying a special fee when registering.
– Families for whom the service requirement and opt out fee would be a hardship that would prevent them from playing can apply for an exemption by contacting the Marketing & Membership Committee.
– During Fall Ball, Challenger League parents are exempt from this requirement so that they can be available to attend to their child’s needs.
- Spring/Summer Season
- Service Requirement = 6 credits per player / 12 credits maximum per family
- Opt Out Fee* = $150 per player / $300 maximum per family
- Fall Season
- Service Requirement = 4 credits per player / 8 credits maximum per family
- Opt Out Fee* = $100 per player / $200 maximum per family
* = If a family chooses to opt out of the service requirement during registration, they must do so for all their credits.
VOLUNTEER SERVICE THAT FULFILLS REQUIREMENT
A variety of volunteer opportunities exist for families to fulfill their service commitment obligation – including many new options compared to past seasons. Moreover, ALL volunteering at WMLL now counts toward satisfying the service requirement – including operating the scoreboard, announcing, and Fall Ball base umpiring.
Every service opportunity will specify a predetermined credit value that will be awarded to families that volunteer for that opportunity. The credit value of each volunteer opportunity is based on the time requirement, skills needed, and importance.
Examples of volunteer opportunities with credit values:
- Board Member = fully satisfy a family’s volunteer credit requirements – view duties
- Head Coach = fully satisfy a family’s volunteer credit requirements – view duties
- Assistant Coach = 12 credits per team that the head coach may split between up to three assistant coaches – view duties
- Team Coordinator = 6 credits – view duties (note: Team Coordinators no longer have to recruit and track team volunteers other than scoreboard operating & Fall Ball base umpiring.)
- Concession Stand Helper (at any game…not just your child’s games) = 3 credits per 2-hour shift – view duties
- Scoreboard Operator = 1 credit per game
- Committee Member = credits vary based on details
- Special Event Helper (Field Cleanup, HR Derby, Movie Night, Tournament Helper, etc.) = credits vary based on details
- Additional Volunteer Opportunities = WMLL’s Marketing & Membership Committee will actively look to add new volunteer opportunities throughout the season. If a family member has a special skill or interest that they would like to use in satisfying their service commitment, please contact the Marketing & Membership Committee.
MANAGING VOLUNTEER SERVICE
Volunteering: Specific volunteer opportunities (including date and time) can be found on WMLL’s new SportsEngine website at this link (Click Here). Dibs is the SportsEngine tool for managing service hours. Families can sign up for these opportunities on a first come, first served basis. Once you have claimed a Dib Item it is yours to fulfill.
Credit Tracking & Status Updates: Upon successful completion of a service opportunity (Dib Item), a WMLL Administrator will mark the Dib Item “Complete” and you will be able to track your overall credits earned through your SportsEngine profile when viewing from a computer / web browser.
Unfulfilled Credit Resolution: At the end of each season, WMLL reserves the right to have families buy out any remaining/unfulfilled credits at $25/credit and/or to add these credits to the families’ next season service requirements. All efforts will be made to help families complete their service requirement. WMLL relies on volunteers to provide the very best program and appreciates everyone’s good faith effort to fully complete their service requirement.
QUESTIONS / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
If you have questions about anything related to the mandatory service requirement or opt out option, please contact Laura Swisher, WMLL’s Marketing & Membership Committee Chair (email@example.com).