To make the WMLL experience a great one for our players, while also keeping our registration fees affordable, WMLL requires one parent / guardian for each player registered to volunteer in some fashion every season…or to opt out of their service commitment by making a special donation when registering ($100 for the spring/summer season & $50 for Fall Ball). Challenger League parents are exempt from this requirement so that they can be available to attend to their child’s needs.
VOLUNTEER SERVICE THAT FULFILLS REQUIREMENT
A variety of volunteer opportunities exist for individuals to fulfill their service commitment obligation:
- Concession Stand Helper – one approx. two-hour shift per season (by home team) – view duties
- Ballpark Clean-up / Project Helper – one half-day shift (limited to one parent/guardian per team) – duties under construction
- Head or (Official) Assistant Coach – season long commitment (one of each per team) – view duties
- Team Coordinator (formerly Team Rep) – season long commitment (one per team) – view duties
- Board Member – elected three-year term (15 total) – view duties
- Other?: If you have a special skill or interest that you would like to use in satisfying your service commitment, please let a board member know.
ADDITIONAL MANDATORY VOLUNTEER ASSIGNMENTS
Note: The following tasks do NOT satisfy the volunteer service requirement & are NOT included in the opt out package:
- Scoreboard Operator – one approx. two-hour shift per season (by visiting team)
- Fall Ball Base Umpire – one approx. two-hour shift per season (by both teams) to supplement the paid home plate umpire provided by WMLL