A team coordinator assumes a variety of tasks designed to ensure good communication with team families and the smooth running of a team’s off-field business so that the team’s coaches can focus on the players & the team’s on-field business.
A team coordinator works closely with their team’s head coach and together they determine the exact role of that team representative.
The focus areas & key tasks of team coordinators have shifted over the years with changes in technology, etc., but typically include at least some of the following:
- Coordinating team volunteer needs
- Planning team gatherings, such as an end of season party
- Serving as an information resource
- Facilitating communication between team parents & the coach and/or WMLL
- Assisting the coach in distributing team uniforms, team handouts, etc.
- Organizing the team’s participation in special events – team photos, Little League Night at the Brewers, WMLL Night at the Duck Pond, etc.
- Preparing and distributing a player and parent roster with phone and emails
A team coordinator is a crucial component to the team & team families having an enjoyable and successful season.