West Madison Little League believes in “safety first.” These are some specific safety reminders:
- Players should warm-up away from crowds and traffic patterns and MUST NOT swing bats outside the fences of the playing field, unless they are in a batting cage or soft-toss station (where available).
- Parents should remind their children to not jump on or run down the bleachers. Please do not allow them to play underneath the bleachers and be careful on the playground equipment.
- Parents and children should always be on the lookout for foul balls and thrown balls.
- Parents should take extra care in dropping off players and other children anywhere along Forward Drive. There is a special, signed “drop off zone” just to the north of the main parking lot entrance for dropping players off and picking them up. Please be very careful as their are plenty of small children in the area.
- DO NOT PULL INTO THE MAIN PARKING LOT TO DROP OFF OR PICK UP PLAYERS….please use the drop off zone.
- When threatening weather approaches, move to cover, but not under trees.
- WMLL is an active participant in Little League, Inc.’s “A Safety Awareness Program” (ASAP).
Click here for WMLL’s Full Safety Plan.
Important Safety Numbers
For Emergencies –
- Dial 911 (Police, Fire, Rescue and Ambulance)
For Non-Emergencies –
- Madison Police Department – 608-255-2345 (West Precinct)
- Poison Control Center – 800-222-1222
- WMLL Safety Officer – 608-320-6155 (Mike Metcalf)
- First Aid Refresher [PDF]
- CPR and AED Basics [PDF]
- CDC Concusion Fact Sheet For Parents [PDF]
- CDC Concussion Fact Sheet For Athletes [PDF]
- CDC Concussion Fact Sheet For Coaches [PDF]