For players selected to a WMTT team at WMTT tryouts in October (August in future years). The WMTT season consists of indoor winter practices from January thru mid April; and outdoor practices & tournament play from mid April thru mid August.
WINTER PRACTICE SESSIONS (January – mid April)
WMTT teams will have 10-12 indoor practice sessions during the winter beginning in January & lasting until weather permits outdoor practices in April. These sessions will be held on a weekly basis for 60-90 minutes. A typical practice space might include a batting cage, area for grounders/fielding, & space for skills stations.
SPRING/SUMMER PRACTICE SESSIONS (mid April – mid August)
WMTT teams will conduct outdoor practices during the spring & summer. A team’s practice schedule & the location of their practices are determined by each team’s coaching staff. During WMLL’s spring/summer season, WMTT teams may not practice more than once a week. WMTT teams may add an additional special practice in the week prior to any tournament play. WMLL fields will not be available for use at most WMTT age levels & WMTT fees do not include outdoor field rental.
TOURNAMENT PLAY (mid April – mid August)
All WMTT teams will be entered in four tournaments, which typically offer a three-game guarantee per tournament. WMTT teams may enter up to two additional tournaments per season under the following conditions:
- The team obtains the approval of the WMTT committee prior to registration.
- Funding is obtained from team families or team fundraising without financial support from WMTT.
To avoid conflicts with the WMLL spring/summer season, WMTT tournament play will adhere to the following scheduling criteria:
- All tournaments will be on WMLL spring/summer season “off weekends” for the relevant age level.
- No tournaments will be scheduled during WMLL league tournament play or the weekend prior.
- No 10U, 11U, 12U, 14U or 16U baseball tournaments will be scheduled from late-June to late-July to accommodate WMLL District team formation, practice & play.