With the formation of West Madison Travel Teams (WMTT), WMLL “all-star” teams will be different beginning in 2022.
- BASEBALL “DISTRICT” TEAMS: WMLL will form & field baseball “District” teams at the Little League Age 10, 11, 12, Junior & Senior levels to prepare for & compete in the official Little League (District / State / Regional / World Series) tournament series.
- The“District” teams will not play in any other tournaments (besides the official Little League tournament series).
- Click HERE for more information about WMLL’s baseball “District” teams.
- TRADITIONAL TOURNAMENT TEAMS: The WMLL Board may elect to field a traditional baseball or softball tournament team for at any age level for which either a WMTT team does not exist or there is sufficient non-WMTT player & coach interest to do so.
- There are, however, no guarantees that a traditional “all star” tournament team will be formed at any age level besides the LL age 10, 11, 12, 14 & 16 levels in baseball for play in the official Little League tournament series.
- WEST MADISON TRAVEL TEAMS: WMTT is a new program for WMLL players & families looking for additional opportunities for baseball & softball beyond WMLL’s current spring/summer & fall seasons of play.
- WMTT teams are intended as an expansion of WMLL’s traditional “all star” tournament teams – WMTT teams will provide significantly more development/practice time and more tournament play than WMLL’s traditional “all star” tournament teams. The WMTT season begins with indoor winter practice sessions followed by spring/summer practices & tournament play.
- Click HERE for more information about WMTT.
PLAYER PARTICIPATION FEES
Players selected to a WMLL tournament team are required to pay a participation fee to help defray the costs of tournament entry fees, uniforms, supplemental insurance & other expenses. WMLL support is available to families in need of financial assistance.
TOURNAMENT TEAM POLICIES
The WMLL baseball & softball tournament team policies include important details related to coach eligibility, application & selection; player eligibility & selection; tournament team fees; etc.
Click HERE for the Baseball Tournament Team Policy
Click HERE for the Softball Tournament Team Policy
QUESTIONS / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- WMLL baseball tournament or district teams: Please contact Robb Vogel (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Harry Miller (email@example.com)
- WMLL softball tournament teams: Please contact Scott Fossum (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- West Madison Thunder Travel Team program: Please contact Todd Conkey (email@example.com) for baseball or Andrew Fritts (firstname.lastname@example.org) for softball.